Monday, May 25, 2009

A good Word, God's heart in ME

Even though I am young, I come to truly believe that over the past years the revelation of; my Heart being good because Christ is in me, and the central point of the kingdom of God is a true relationship with Jesus Christ, are ground breaking truths. We all know that Frank! Know with your head or know with your Heart?

If you could go to the concordance of your Bible and look up all the functions of the heart you probably would be refreshed severely. Notice that the Heart has eyes(Eph.1:18), gets circumcised(Rom.2:29), makes music(Eph.5:19), is where our spirits dwell(1Cor.1:22), we believe with it(Rom.10:9), our desires are there(Matt.6:21), God's laws are written on it(Heb.10:16), love with it(Dt.6:5), so on and so on. So where does God go when he wants to know what really is going on with you, and not your usual "I am doing good" answer on Sunday mourning? Your Heart!(1Sam.16:7) Not only did he create it, and knows it(Lk.16:15), but he pimped it out! Now how about those ideas of our Hearts being evil, and dark, and deceitful, and blah blah blah. A trick of the enemy my brothers and sisters. Last time I checked I am a child of God. God removed that Heart and gave me a new one. We don't function like that. And the pure in heart, cleanse my heart, creating in me a new heart, songs make no sense if we don't believe that our hearts have been truly changed for the good. Before you start thumbing trough your Bible looking for an argument, stop an see what your doing. Are you fighting this to say that your heart is wicked? What team are you on? Gotcha! That devil been lying to you again. I can go on and on, but just wanted to make the point that as a follower in Christ your Heart does not function in the ways of the world; it belongs to God. Sure we lend it out, to our flesh sometimes, or completely ignore it and let the enemy borrow it, but God is sovereign! To borrow an analogy from Mr. John Eldredge, if our bodies are God's temples, then consider the Heart as the Holy of Hollies. I have a Good heart!

The other issue I had is this follow Jesus thing. Man there are so many things to follow when you come into the Christian world. Now do I serve my local church, or go overseas? Do I get my seminary degree, or go to a training course? Do I wear a tie, or rock my fitted(wear my baseball cap)? Too much noise I came to find out. As the Lord tended to my heart, I began to spend intimate time with him, and soon discovered that if I don't get right with you Lord, I am just working for other Christians. Which in it's self is not bad at all. It was suppose to be a lot simpler than where it has come. He said, "seek first the kingdom of God", ok I will do that but in the mean time, I got these bills to pay. He said, "ask and I will give the nations to you", that's cool but I got this 10 year plan where I have a wife, kids, and swimming pool. He said, "don't worry about your life", good idea first I need to get all my life goals reached, and enough money to get started on not worrying. Jesus did not say that any person who takes no thought about his life is blessed-no, he is a fool! That last sentence Oswald Chambers said. Nothing wrong with those things, they just made everything about following Jesus noisy. As my heart grew for the things on God's heart, it became clear that one of the first things I had to start doing is placing him in the center. The most important thing, and everything else second. I mean like way in the distance for me, like Michael Phelps distance. Where second place feels like seventh. This is a hard discipline to learn. The rest of Matthew 6:33 talks about all these other things shall be added. Things like, calling, God's will, job, how many kids do I have. Tell me how are you suppose to do that when you are busy chasing the answer, and not after God who has the answer? Remember what Jesus said ,would choke the word out of us, in the parable of the seeds? The devil right? Wrong! He said "the worries of this world".

Did David have a heart after God? Yes! Did he do all those stupid things, after or before he gave his heart to God? Point is he followed God, and his heart was God's. Imagine what the world would be if Christians believed that God gave them a good heart, and that Jesus lived in them, and they followed Jesus' words. We have it. A mentor of mine Jim Bailey once said,"he is with you always, the kingdom of God is that close".

4 comments:

  1. wow, do i miss sitting in those plastic chairs in a huge circle on the shongwe homestead listening to you teach! Frankie, I appreciate your words of truth and your challenge to keep Christ the center. I'm praying for you lots and a call/letter is in the near future! -kyleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good word my brother! Wow. As Brooke would say, you are annointed like whoa. Praying for you. often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome Frankie. Keep it up!!! You're getting to that pro status! Awesome word!

    ReplyDelete