Monday, April 20, 2009

Some thoughts

It's official, I am staying in Bangkok indefinitely. I must say that this decision is a hard one, but I have been elected and chosen.

So I have been sending emails about what was going through my mind, and the things I saw and was experiencing in my time here. I felt the strongest impression about a month into staying here that this could be home. It's easy to plug oneself in any situation out of a need basis. "There is hunger in this country I need to feed them!""There is a shortage of hospitals in this town, I need to help them!""There are children in brothels becoming sex slaves, I need to rescue them!" All these examples are cause for action, but what action? Long term or short term aid has been something of an enigma for me. Both has it's upsides. But how about the monkey and the fish situation? You know the story of the monkey thinking that he had helped the fish, because he thought he had rescued it out of the struggling waters. Then when he put it on the ground, the monkey thought it was happy to be rescued, because it seemed to flop around with joy. When in actuality it killed the fish in its "good intentions." I am not here for good intentions. I want to come along side what the Lord is already doing here. My heart is to share his heart and plan for the lost here. To further disciple the believers here. To look in the eyes of the broken hearted and tell them what Jesus sees in them.

Your fellow brother in Christ,
Francisco Santiago III

No comments:

Post a Comment