Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dancing Machine

The past two days where my first with, the Well. I enjoyed just being around the women and children. I walked around and had small talk with most of the students there. There are few men there. But I hope and pray, that GOD is moving in these men, and that I can be a light to them. Wednesdays and Thursdays, are days that they learn English, and have small group Bible studies. I have been asked to help out in the English classes. I don't remember liking English in school, but it's a different thing when you know the some of the women's stories, and look into the eyes of the children. Jesus does wonders for the heart. So here I am, Mr. Frank, English teacher.

Jim and I have been talking about some ministry ideas for the local Thai people. One of the ideas, was to teach Hip Hop. Now, I love to dance, but don't consider my self good enough to be an instructor. "Become all things to man", the apostle Paul's famous words. But more importantly to me, is the presence of the Holy Spirit filling me up with courage, and equipping me. God is so good. Today was the first day of classes. They loved it! I just started with some basic moves. They started out very shy, but soon enough, we were all dancing a little routine I made up. Jim thought it would be a good idea to include a little Thai traditional dance moves to the mix. So I mixed it in with some old school Tut moves. Jim asked them how often do the want to practice; "Tuk wan", transliteration for "everyday!" Good thing the Thai people love the urban culture. God knew what he was doing when he placed me in the hood. Pray that God can really use this to give them joy, and confidence.

Pray for these opportunities to reach out to these broken hearts, and fill them with everlasting life. I hope you think twice when you hear the loud bass coming from a speaker, and rap yelling at your ear. God made all things, including HIP HOP.

3 comments:

  1. I love this Frank! I can see you being so great at being a English teacher and a dance teacher, and allow the Holy spirit to work through you too. I love hearing this.

    Wow, so its your new home. Thats a huge decision, but I'm so proud of you. It takes so much courage to decide that. I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Frank. Been keeping up with you.... dance ministry?? My heart is literally swelling with joy.
    Lord, you are very clever. Frank, thanks for being obedient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome, Frank. I'm glad that your culture and theirs are becoming one. You will become more like them and they will become more like you. That's (part of) what friendship is about.

    ReplyDelete